Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Berlin Day 9/10 - Sept. 1/2

I've missed you all!!  It seems that I LOVE sharing these experiences with all of you so I will catch you up on the last couple of days.

Marc is a bit jet-lagged unfortunately.  He got in yesterday at 11am and decided that it was a good idea to nap before we go out.  So by noon we napped...and then I got up at 2...and he napped...he usually hears me when I'm doing things, but he kept sleeping...I meditated...I organized all of my dance paperwork...I curled my hair...I finally forced him out of bed at 4pm.  Maybe it was too long to sleep, but he would not wake up!!

So then we started exploring in the area near our hotel and went up to the top of the TV tower.  What an amazing view of all of Berlin and beyond.  It was really cool for me to see the city laid out in front of me after my week of wandering around everywhere with a map in my hand (and now in my head).  Thats where we met our new friends.  They are the first Americans I've met and they just happened to be from California!  (San Fran)  We got to talking and one thing led to another and we found ourselves at dinner together having a great time.  And then we all decided to go somewhere for one more German beer.  As the real Berliner of the group (wink, wink) I knew exactly where we should go.  We didn't get back to our room until 3am!  Crazy!!!!

Well, that meant that our day started super late this morning (Marc is really slowing down my momentum), but we were able to see a few essential sights and Marc rode the U-Bahn for the first time.  He loves the old architecture, so we are going to start the day early tomorrow (out by 9:30 at the latest) and head to the Pergamon Museum where they supposedly have a huge arch from Babylon.   I will tell you all about it tomorrow!

We went to two performances this evening and then I had "knuckle of pork" from another old German restaurant (my stomach's not doing so well now, though...bummer).

We love you all very much,
Alicia and Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment