Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Berlin Day 8 - 8/31

Guten Tag!

I had a very boring day (writing about dance which to me was very fun and interesting).  I sat in my room until 3pm when I had scheduled lunch with a few dancers from here in Berlin who have worked with some of the same people that I have.  Its nice to see that Berlin dancers face the same issues and have the same excitements about dance that we do in the US.  Somehow each side (european vs. american) has a fantasized vision of the other.  

What I look like walking around Berlin
Then I saw a dance installation piece and finally a great solo performance in a beautiful old theatre with two balconies.  Not a huge theatre but very tall.  I then met up with a couple who I knew from San Diego when I first moved there and they now live in Berlin and make work here.  Don't worry, I don't have any big ideas...

I'm afraid that these lengthy emails of mine may be coming to an end.  I will try to make it to the computer if I can, but with a real live person to talk with, I'm not so sure it will be all that easy.  There will be new experiences and some repeats, and I cannot wait to share them with Marc!  Hooray!!  He gets in tomorrow morning. (or midnight your time!)

Love you all,
Alicia 

No comments:

Post a Comment