Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Berlin Day 1 - 8/24

Well, I'm here in Berlin and I can't quite believe I am finally somewhere in Europe!! 

I slept a few hours on the plane and then again for an hour or so when I got into the room.  After the performance that I am seeing tonight, I will get a full night's rest in these comfy beds.  The hotel is great, small but perfect and new.  Its location cannot be beat.  I am extremely close to main stage for the dance festival and even closer to the river and U-bahn.  I don't even know how to explain how beautiful this neighborhood is so I will try to send you pictures.

When I got to the hotel at 10am, I couldn't check in so I wandered around the spree and figured a few things out.  The performance I'll be attending is south of here, so I'll take the train to get there and a cab to get back.  I'll look through one of my books to find a place to eat near it, so that I can have my first weiner schnitzel.

Oh, and I got tickets for two of the three shows that I was hoping for!!!!  So now I have 8 performances, and am looking at two more at a different venue.  Very exciting.  I will get my phone set up in the morning and send the number.

Much love,
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment